Saudi Arabia Dominates MENA IPO Market in 2020



DUBAI: Arab music streaming service Anghami set to turn into area’s first tech firm to be listed on the Nasdaq New York Inventory Trade in merger deal valuing platform at 230 million of {dollars}.

Anghami – my songs, in Arabic – is about to merge with Vistas Media Acquisition Co. Inc., a publicly traded particular function acquisition firm. Sometimes called “clean examine firms” within the business, the merger is seen as a quicker and cheaper path to Nasdaq itemizing.

Itemizing is anticipated to shut in late Could / early June and Vistas Media Acquisition Co. Inc. has already raised $ 40 million prematurely commitments, together with $ 10 million from mother or father firm, Vista Media Capital of Singapore, and $ 30 million from {dollars} of UAE belongings. administration firm SHUAA Capital.

Eddy Maroun, co-founder and CEO of Anghami, informed Arab Information that the deal is prone to worth the corporate between $ 220 million and $ 230 million.

Based in 2012 by Maroun and fellow Lebanese entrepreneur Elie Habib, Anghami is the main music streaming platform within the Center East and rivals international manufacturers resembling Spotify and Deezer.

With over 57 million Arabic and worldwide songs and round 70 million registered customers, it generates round 10 billion streams per 12 months.

Maroun stated, “Elie and I co-founded the corporate in 2012 with the imaginative and prescient of Anghami to be a singular digital multimedia leisure expertise platform within the MENA (Center East and North Africa) area.

“At this time, we took an vital step in our development plans by searching for to turn into the primary Arab tech firm within the area to be listed on the Nasdaq. Being a public firm listed in america provides us entry to development capital and a world platform that’s the finest on the planet. “

Primarily based in Abu Dhabi since early 2021, following a partnership with the Abu Dhabi Funding Workplace, it additionally has workplaces in Beirut, Dubai, Cairo and Riyadh. The founding duo presently personal 32% of the corporate, with the remaining 68% backed by regional enterprise capital funds and huge media and telecommunications firms.

In response to Anghami, his revenue has elevated by 80% previously three years and is anticipated to extend fivefold over the following three years.

Rabih Khoury, Managing Accomplice of Center East Enterprise Companions (MEVP), stated: “As Anghami’s largest institutional investor, we at MEVP are delighted that one other of our main portfolio firms is listed on the Nasdaq. , the world’s main expertise market.

“We’ve partnered with Eddy and Elie from the beginning in 2012 and have repeatedly supported Anghami beginning along with her start-up spherical and all subsequent fundraising rounds.”

Sam Barnett, CEO of MBC, stated his firm was “honored” to be part of Anghami’s success and the way it was “revolutionizing the Arab music business by way of innovation”.

Maroun revealed that he plans to make use of the brand new funding to faucet into extra of the 450 million Arabic-speaking folks and to develop into new markets outdoors the Center East.

“In our area, we consider that there’s nonetheless lots of untapped potential within the Center East and North Africa, the place the Gulf and the Levant meet or in North Africa. And we even have a path to go additional with the Arab diaspora, which is a large addressable market.

“We’ve by no means spent any diaspora advertising and marketing {dollars}, though there may be nice potential there. And we consider that we now have the capability to develop in different rising markets given the teachings we now have had in our area, ”he added.



Supply hyperlink

Previous U.S. wishful considering for a China-free provide chain: World Instances editorial
Next American Firm, Telecom Information, ET Telecom